Trees have different assets that go well with some landscapes. And others have requirements in order for them to survive on your yard. Many best live in moist, woodsy and rich soils on the acidic side and others like alkaline soil which is dry because it does not have matters that hold moisture.
But some trees are needed to be considered because of their liabilities like thorns which is not safe for families with children, others are weedy and it does not look good in the front yard. Also, some are messy which spread twigs and all that all over the place. This is why you need to search for trees that will really suit your liking.
A lot of people think that if the tree is small, it is still young but it is not always like that, some might be small because it does not have enough nutrients to support its growth and some are also made to be small and cute.
Trees also live according to the weather on the country you are living in. Tropical trees can never survive in cold weather and this is why you need to make sure that it really fits your home. Trees that are planted in the city are more likely to live shorter life spans as compared to the trees that planted in the countryside. There are also trees that can still live despite extreme weather conditions.
EXAMPLE OF ORNAMENTAL TREES
- Callery pear has small white flowers during spring and it produces colorful foliage during autumn. This tree is fast growing and its canopy reaches 45 feet at its maturity
- Crabapple grows up to 30 feet tall and it has dark pink flower buds that blossoms into white during the spring. The flowers from it produces little red and yellow apples that are mostly eaten by birds. This tree has its unique irregular shape.
- Japanese maples can grow up to 25 feet tall and it has foliage that are rich in color and has interesting shapes.
- Redbud has tiny and pinkish with a little bit of purple flowers in its stems and branches in the early moments of spring. These flowers will give way to many rows of leaves that are in the shape of the heart. The pods are more visible when the leaves turn yellow during autumn.
- Saucer Magnolia can grow up to 30 feet and its flowers are six inches long and it has the color of pale pink in the spring.
- Chinese dogwood has many white flowers that have pointy petals. It also has dangling red fruits from the branches during fall.
- Weeping cherry can grow to 25 feet tall and will spread very wide and they have flowers in pink or white which is great to look at.
- Citrus will have white flowers that you would like and it has fruits that can be eaten but this try will die if they are not cared properly
- Serviceberry is a small tree or a large shrub which can only grow to 20 feet. The white flowers in June become dark fruits that you can eat.